Founder, Endurance Swimming
Craig Lewin is a USA Swimming Coach and a Level 1 & 2 US Masters Swimming Coach. A graduate of Boston College and the Varsity D1 Swim Team, Craig is a Nationally Ranked triathlete. His swimming expertise has helped him become a successful competitor in the sport of triathlon.
Credits / Achievements:
- USA Swimming Certified Coach
- American Swimming Coaches Association Level 2 Coach
- US Masters Swimming Level 1 & 2 Coach
- 10 Years of swim coaching experience
- Completed the Catalina Channel & 20 Bridges swims
- Nationally ranked in 2005 and 2006 for 25k open water swim
- Set the course record for the Swim Across the Sound 25k open water race in 2005
- 4 Year varsity letterman Boston College Swim and Diving Team
- Ironman 70.3 World Championships Competitor 2008
- Earned All-American Status with the USA Triathlon for the 2008 season
- Boston College Graduate Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Sociology
- Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology from Northeastern University
I am a coach that focuses on teaching athletes “easy speed” or “speed through efficient swimming”. Athletes need to understand how to use rough waters to their advantage. Fighting water can lead to fatigue so we concentrate on making corrections to prevent exhaustion. This focus on technique combined with physically challenging workouts produces fast, efficient, successful athletes. I believe the only way to be successful on race day is by teaching race specific skills. I make sure all my athletes are ready for race day by incorporating race day skills into every workout. This incorporation of triathlon/open water specific race skills sets us apart from all other programs.
We take swimmers into the ocean twice a week. This gives athletes a chance to use their race specific skills in a race environment. You will find that most programs do not give athletes the ability to focus on these technique in the ocean. My goal is to expose athletes to the same environment they experience on race day and begin working to make them more comfortable, focused, and more efficient in the ocean. The triathlon/open water specific race skills I teach are the keys to success for any level of triathletes and/or open water swimmer.
By teaching proper technique, race day specific skills, and bringing my athletes into the ocean to apply these skills, I prepare athletes to be as successful as possible on race day. Simply put... We make you “Race Ready”.
“I believe in easy speed - speed through technique. It doesn’t take a lot of intense physical effort to achieve your goals. However, it does take a lot of mental focus and once we get you to that point, we begin building in your endurance. Our goal is give you the ability to swim longer distances more efficiently... Making you a better triathlete.”
Founder, Endurance Swimming